Sunday, December 28, 2008

His Child


I am His child.
I just love the imagery of that.
As a child, we are pretty much hopeless in this world.
We depend on our father for everything.
He takes care of us through everything.
We know so little compared to Him.
When I'm scared, I want to run into His arms, because He'll always help me through.
When I'm excited and joyful, He'll celebrate with me.
He never gets tired of us.
I want to grab onto His ankles as He drags me across the floor.
I want Him to put me on His shoulders so I feel like I'm on top of the world.
I want Him to teach things to me like a father teaches his son.
I love Him.
I couldn't have asked for a love remotely close to His love for me.
His love is never ending.
And it gives me all the joy knowing that.
He is my Father.
I am his son.

2 comments:

Julie Ann said...

this is absolutely beautiful. did you write this?

Scott Miller said...

yeah. =) thanks so much julz.