Friday, December 12, 2008

New Day




I have recently finished finals. And I'm not able to leave till Saturday. This morning, I woke up at 7 to pack my keyboard in a car that was going back to Colorado, but wasn't taking me. After they left, I couldn't go back to sleep. Thank God. I got out of bed and grabbed my guitar. I went out to Seven Palms (A very beautiful amphitheater here at APU) and started to wrap up my new song. I wrote a new song on acoustic guitar, because I haven't in a while. It is about my ex. I know... I should be over that by now. It's been on and off. It's weird. It's titled "The Last Song I'll Write For You". And it is what it says it is. It's the last song to get the last of what I've wanted to say out there. After the second chorus, I couldn't just do a bridge and chorus again... I don't like the typical, though I usually end up doing the typical. The song is very interesting, because after the second chorus, I play a different chord progression, and sing lots of lyrics to it as I play it about ten times. Then, when I've said the last point, I play a completely different chord progression. It seems to be a new song, which couldn't have fit more perfectly. I end it very quietly. It feels like a different song compared to the start and finish, which is exactly what I wanted. In a way, I've ended one song, and I've started another with my life. This is a huge turning point for me to move on with life. And it feels absolutely outstanding. As i went to put my guitar back, I met up with a friend I've been hanging out with more recently. We ended up going to breakfast, along with two other guys who were very much fun. After the long conversation and full stomachs, we went back to play foosball. And then left to go to Amvets (Amvets Thrift Store. A very good thrift store I might add. There's one right down the street, and I haven't gone to it once yet this year). I got myself a pair of sweet 80's sunglasses. It doesn't sound like that much of an exciting day, but it just felt different. It felt so much better. But as for now, I must clean my room, maybe read some of The Shack, then hopefully get to hang out with them more =) I ABSOLUTELY LOVE meeting new people. It's amazing. Well I'm off now... HAVE A HAPPY DAY!!! =D

2 comments:

Mitchell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mitchell said...

Go to AmVets, get breakfast, make friends, use your meals, play music, get your work done...
It all goes so fast, so absorb it and make more room for those kind of things in life.

ps-I want to hear that song.