Monday, February 23, 2009

Last Weekend

Last weekend was... interesting. LOTS of stuff happened. But the most important and coolest, was sunday. I got the chance to spend almost an entire day with someone who's coming to APU next year. We watched a few movies (Including Extreme Days because she and I both LOVE the movie, and not many people know about it). But other than that, we spent a lot of time just talking.

Pause. Let me catch you up with my life. Truths that I have known as lies keep coming to me, and have thus slowed down the process of getting over certain things, and getting more and more hurt in the process. But I believe it's done now. It's been so hard. Especially with my faith. It's really hard to see where this is taking me. It's hard to see why all this happened because I don't believe that I deserved ALL of it. It's hard to see how so much hurt could possibly turn into something good. But having something like this happen, has helped me to only try and trust him more through everything. The more things that happen, the more I realize that this life can NEVER EVER be controlled by me, or anyone else who currently lives here on Earth. I'm learning to trust Him more. But like I said, it's still rough. But he's helped me through things. Especially just seeing what I need to do on a daily basis. Then I don't worry to much about the future.

Play. I was talking with this girl about, well, pretty much everything I just told you. I told her how amazing it feels to constantly be reminded that God is with me, and when I do what he wants, It pleases him. Pretty much almost everything we talked about related back to God. She's truly a unique person and I hope that this friendship will continue on, because I love having someone to talk with about God... A person that understands me, and I can relate to.

It made me realize that we can't be alone. We need relationships. MAINLY because we wouldn't learn nearly as much about God. I learned a lot from talking to her for just a few hours. We learn about God from each other. There's a little bit of God that shows through everyone. And you just have to find that bit.

1 comment:

Regan said...

other than the fact that this happened on Saturday, not Sunday, this was great =]

regarding what you said about not deserving all of it-I hope you realize that you didn't deserve any of it. Although I do think that God allowed you to go through all of that so that you could grow in Him. Romans 8:28 says "For we know that God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose." Even though the circumstances may not have been great, all of us at one time or another need wake up calls from God to see that He has better for our lives because He cares for us so much.

I definitely agree that we need relationships to grow. Why else would God promote things like church, community and breaking bread together? and I like the last bit that you said-if we look for it, there's a bit of Christ in everyone =]